[Typo3] redirect a user to a login form?

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Mon Sep 19 07:16:21 CEST 2005

Op 18-sep-2005, om 22:24 heeft Juergen Egeling het volgende geschreven:

> If I remember correct, TYPO3 sends the user to the first page in the
> tree, that the user can access. So if you have
>
> not hidden
>   hidden1
>   hidden2
>     hidden2a
>     hidden2b
>   hidden3
> and you want to jump to hidden 2, than TYPO3 sends you to "Not
> hidden".
>
> On the other hand: As you wrote: TYPO3 is sending a "not found"
> page, than
> the 404 could be another solution.

Hi Jürgen,

that makes sense. However, I do need my 404's for 'real' page not
found situations. I can't simply redirect every 404 to my login
page.. After reading  your comment I checked my configuration and
found the following: I use the $TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]
["pageNotFound_handling"] setting and that overrides the behaviour
that you are describing: 'not hidden' in your example is not shown,
but instead the 404 page is always shown.

Bart