[Typo3] Verifying Google Sitemaps

rodrigo cea public2 at altamira.cl
Mon Sep 19 01:40:52 CEST 2005

List people,

I have been using the brilliant mc_googlesitemap extension to submit
sitemaps to google, with apparent success. Recently, Google started
offering the option to "verify" your sitemap so they can "show you some
results", but when I try to do so I get the following message: "We've
detected that your 404 (file not found) error page returns a status of
200 (OK) in the header.", which apparently means that the site doesn't
actullay throw any 404 errors, but rather  serves up the front page.
I know there is a "404" extension, but it seems this redirects to
another page, and I'm not sure if this will be recognized as a "real"
404 error by our masters at Google.
The site is using typo3.7 and realURL.

Any help is always appreciated,

Rodrigo C.
http://www.lafuga.cl
---
Converting Chile to an all-typo nation, one site at the time.