[Typo3] Templavoila a few questions (javascript & css)

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Sep 18 05:46:07 CEST 2005

Hey Eckbert,

I can answer a few of them...

>Hi all,
>
>1. I am using tv with a javascript rich html template.
>All normal image paths are correctly rewriten bei typo3 to something
>like filadmin/templates/images....
>But in the javascript parts where there is no scr=<path-to-image> the
>rewriting does not happen.
>Whats the best way to deal with that? Should I hard code the paths or is
>there an easy way to rewrite eg everyting that starts with images/

I am not sure what you mean by this, can't help you with it...

>2. Everytime when updating the mapping of a template the header parts
>get lost and the frontend site is, or can be rendered without the css
>from the header part.
>Is there a way to avoid this.

We include the CSS using typoscrupt see I don't have to include them
over and over again.

>3. Generally how do you deal with template manipulations. Just in case
>you map something wrong and the whole site gets messed until you fix it.
>What the best practice for a template manipulation workflow?

We don't have that much on our site, yet I have a little scheme so two
template are withthere name scheme alike,
yet it looks different. For me it's just a matter of be carefull, no
workflow is possible with standard typo3 plugins, as far as I know....
Ries

--
R. van Twisk
http://www.metamorf.net

Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/