[Typo3] from a lurker :-) about managing communities/forum

Valery Romanchev it at webmed.ru
Sat Sep 17 20:52:48 CEST 2005

Hello

> Well... I should like to manage the subscriptions for the
> members, have an user and a password plus an identification
> number. In addition of it I should like to manage a forum...
> something like (better, of course!) than phpbb...

Chc_forum is not good for large communities. We test it for www.typo3.ru
It works very slow with 2000+ messages.
(beacause no caching was implemented in it)

Forum on www.typo3.net is not in extension repository
(of course it is GPL, but not distributed by the developers)

I think you have only one way to go:
 www.vbulletin.com with integration  to TYPO3
(search for vbulletin_auth exatension in repository)

> I made several tests but no success yet, nothing is really
> particulary cool.
>
> - can anyone show me some site for a community managed by typo3?

www.lacascara.tv (vbulletin + TYPO3)
 Assist Network of Sites (www.typo3assist.com www.phpassist.com etc)

---
Best regards,