[Typo3] Current menu item on top (first in the list)

Cyprian Kowalczyk cyprian at pi2.pl
Fri Sep 16 22:15:18 CEST 2005

Thanks everyone for answers.
Berfore I read your posts I'd made something on my own - here is the code
and comments what I wanted to gain:

temp.mainMenu = COA // COA is holding two menus - one for current menu on
top, and normal menu
temp.mainMenu.1 = HMENU // current menu on top
temp.mainMenu.1 {
   if { // shown on every page but root
       value.data = TSFE : id
       isLessThan = 1
     }
   1 = TMENU
   1 {
     NO {
       doNotShowLink = 1 // Don't show links...
     }
     CUR = 1 // ...except current one
     CUR {
      .
      .
     }
   }
   2 = TMENU // submenu for the current menu
   2 {
     .
     .
     }
   }
}
temp.mainMenu.2 = HMENU // the 'normal menu' placed on bottom
temp.mainMenu.2 {
   1 = TMENU
   1 {
     NO { // show every page...
       .
       .
     }
     CUR = 1 // except current on
     CUR {
       doNotShowLink = 1
     }
   }
}

It works well with the pages that are direct childs of root page, yet I
have one problem if I enter a page on level 2 or below.
To illustrate it:

MENU 3 (current)
  | submenu 1
  | submenu 2

MENU 1
MENU 2
MENU 4
MENU 5

But if I enter, for instance, 'submenu 1' the 'MENU 1' label disapears
 from top meu and aperars in the bottom one...
It's normal because MENU3 is no more current menu. Is there a way to fix
it?
Maybe some condition is to put in CUR { .. } to let it be shown if it's
the parent of current submenu...

I hope I'm clear enough :)

Thanks.

Cyprian