[Typo3] How to: 2-column display with tt_news

J. Michael Adams jma at oksofar.com
Thu Sep 15 23:02:53 CEST 2005

Hi all,

The tt_news manual shows an example of news in multiple columns, but I can't
figure out the typo-script or markers to make that happen.

Part of my problem may be that I don't understand how content elements work
in general. I've tried to understand it with the TS manual, but I'm drawing
a blank. I know there's a CONTENT marker--does tt_news look for it? And
content objects - how are they related to content elements? Maybe I'm
hopelessly confused.

 So...
1) can someone tell me how to do the multiple columns with a home-grown HTML
template (table-based)?
2) Is there any way I can learn the details of how content items work?

Thanks,
Michael