[Typo3] Showing a menu even if the page is restricted

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Sep 15 22:47:55 CEST 2005

> Thanks a lot for your answser.
> But if I clearly understand your answer I think your solution don't
> take
> in account the fact that I want to give the power to the writer
> (actually the landlord of the site) to put restriction at the *page
> level*  beside that should be  *arbitrary in the tree*.
>
> What you propose bellow :
>
> [loginUser = *]
> page.10.subparts.content < styles.content.get
> [else]
> page.10.subparts.content < temp.otherContent
> [global]
>
> Make sens if (AND ONLY IF) I already know which part of the tree is
> going to be restricted....

Why? - It was just an example how a condition could work.
You can use "if" combined with conditions to acchieve a result based on a
field of the pages table.
If you want your own field, you will have to create an extension that simply
adds this field and displays a checkbox to restrict the content of the page.
In this example I use the fieldname "restrictedcontent".

temp.otherContent = COA
temp.otherContent {
  10 < styles.content.getLeft
  20 < styles.content.loginform
}

page.10.subparts.content = COA
page.10.subparts.content {
    10 = COA
    10 {
        if.isTrue.field = restrictedcontent
        10 < temp.otherContent
    }
    20 = COA
    20 {
        if.isFalse.field = restrictedconten
        10 < styles.content.get
    }
}

[loginUser = *]
page.10.subparts.content.10.10 >
page.10.subparts.content.10.10 < styles.content.get
[global]

Simple as that.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian