[Typo3] TYPO 3.8 and RealURL a stable solution

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Sep 15 21:38:05 CEST 2005

Peter Russ wrote:
> It seems to me to be the second time that TYPO3 is burning knowledge as
> before there was the problem with ruined MD5 hashes.
> So Realurl AND TYPO3 3.0 is pretty experimental. Isn't it?

You have problems if you clear the complete realURL cache.

Then all pages will get assigned a new name and if you changed something in the
title inbetween the links will be different (also if you changed realURL configuration)

If you rename a page and want that the link is also renamed you can clear the cache for
this single URL also. But note that if you clear the cache for a single URL and it gets
assigned a different name it will result in the "postVar not set" error on google.

I don't know the exact reason why this happens so often with typo3.org (especially the
mailinglist archive) but I guess it has to do with a changed realURL configuration ore
similar.

greets,
Bernhard