[Typo3] e-mail reminder for calendar?

Eirik Wulff eirik at wulff.biz
Thu Sep 15 19:23:00 CEST 2005

Namuk Tscholak wrote:

> I already know this thread. It aims to replace the unix fixed cron with
> an os independent solution. As I already mentioned is this not important
>  for me. But rereading this thread I found the hint to "Inside Typo3"
> with the explanation of the necessary backend scripting.
> So I extend an existing calendar with my stuff.

That is what I did, using 'calendar' and 'calendar_ext' to enable FE
users to edit their own calendars, and receiving reminders. My solution
was to make a new FE extension included on a page, and hit this page
using cron and curl.

I still have a problem with it, though. Can't seem to stop it sending
reminders every day for a yearly event... ;) Will try to make it work today.

EW (: