[Typo3] Showing a menu even if the page is restricted

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Sep 15 12:14:13 CEST 2005

Courcy Michael wrote:

> And I think it's going to be very hard to ask them to maintain 2 trees,
> if they modify the one that contains real content (adding, changing,
> moving or removing) they will have to do the same with the second to
> reflect the change...

Why are you going to maintain a second tree ? I guess the "non-customers" should
not be able to see contents of the restricted pages (else it would make no sense
to restrict them) but just the menu-entries so they see "ah ... there is more"

but what you should ask you yourself first is what should happen if people click
on those links: Should they see another page on which it is stated that you will
get full access to this section if you pay ..... or should they just stay on the
same page and not get to any other page ..... or eventually the restricted pages
shouldn't even be links so they can't get clicked ....

but I don't see why you should maintain the content of the restricted pages a
second time on the non-restricted pages ...

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard