[Typo3] dynamically replacing template tags

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 02:02:21 CEST 2005

On 14/09/05, Bernhard Kraft <kraftb at kraftb.at> wrote:
> Miles Scruggs wrote:
>
> > Ahh turns out I can do this by making an extension template, and putting the
> > changes in there.
>
> By making a site this way you either completly loose the advantage of a CMS that
> editors can add new pages or you editor must be an administrator. Normal users can't
> either create nor edit TS-templates .... your are heading in the wrong direction! stop now :)

It's true ;-)

The queston we should be asking you Miles, is 'what are you trying to
accomplish by putting an id on the body element?'

Because if it turns out that you're using the id on the body to do
something as trivial as highlighting a current menu item (for
example), then there are simpler and probably better ways...

-Christopher