[Typo3] Executing a query on a db and displaying the results.

Siddharth Abbineni thescarletcars at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 19:16:48 CEST 2005

Hi all!

     I am having a small doubt, I have to create a student login page
where a student logs in with his user and password and it should display
his academic records. The thing here is the student login database is
not related to the typo database in anyway, (but i can put all the
tables in the typo database).
So basically what do I do? Do I create form extension or? am little
confused as i am a newbie to t3 :D ,
As the subject says, what all I have to do is to create a login form,
once the user data is submitted, it should query the database and
display the results. (As of now  i am using a script outside typo3 to do
this but i would like to integrate it into typo3)

Thanks in adv!
Siddharth
--
Siddharth Abbineni