[Typo3] External URL help

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 00:29:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 10/09/05, Matt Mucklo <mmucklo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> On all of the websites I've tried (including 2 different 'dummy' installes,
> and a Typo3 FC Bigfeet (3.6.0RC2 quickstart) that I downloaded it will
> either point to Page can not be displayed, or a page with the HTML/CSS
> template showing (looking like any other page of my site), but with no
> content in the content parts.
>

> Christopher wrote:
> > On 08/09/05, Matt Mucklo <mmucklo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Does anyone know how page-type External URL is supposed to work?
> >> I've tried to use it unsuccessfully on three different Typo3
> >> installations, and I've concluded I'm using it wrong;
> >>
> >> How is it supposed to work - is there a howto?
> >
> > A better question -- since the form consists of a single field -- is
> > 'what does the HTML output you get look like?'
> >
> > The answer to that question will answer the 'how do you use it'
> > question as well.

How would you begin to troubleshoot a problem like this if you were
_not_ using a CMS tool?

The question is what does the HTML output of the _link_ look like?
Find out what's wrong with the link and you're on the way to solving
the problem. (i.e. if the html is malformed, then there could be
something wrong at the input of the external link page, on the other
hand, if the link seems correct but you still get an error/not found
page then there could be something wrong with simulateStaticDocuments
/ RealUrl / .htaccess file etc).

Right now, we have no way of knowing whether your cough is caused by
smoking or tuberculosis...

-Christopher

-Christopher