[Typo3] how can i generate transparent PNG-files with partial transparency?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Sep 10 12:29:37 CEST 2005

>> i want to solve it the way i described, because i want to place e.g.
>> the header-PNG-file between <h3></h3>-tags, which are furthermore
>> correctly labeled with  alt- and title-attributes, and so on.
>
> I've created an extension which can create image headings, but you get
> <h2>Text</h2> in the source code. The ext. code is jb_seo_headings.
>
> And on http://www.vinnenalevky.cz/ you can see, that it's possible to
> create transparent bg png images.

Of course you can, but this is not what this thread is about.
We are talking about _alpha_ transparency which is something completely
different.
The way you did it, is exactly the way it is done with GIF "transparency"
which in fact is just a "cut-out" and no real transparency.
This way you have artefacts around the letters that will show up when you
put them on a photographic background.

BTW: You don't need an extension for header replacement. This can be done
with simple TypoScript.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau