[Typo3] Speedprobs of websideloading under Typo3

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Sep 9 17:25:37 CEST 2005

Marcel Douwstra wrote:

>Just tried the URL and it loaded quite fast for me.. took about half a
>second to load and render the page. Seems acceptable to me..
>
>Another unrelated thing, the pulldown menu in the downloads section
>doesn't work (properly) in firefox, the pulldown layers are positioned
>too low so you can never reach them.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Marcel
>
>Matthew Manderson wrote:
>

>>>Does someone have perhaps a tip, how I can increase these?
>>>If, that would be absolutely super!
>>>You find my Typowebside under:   <http://www.elixic.de> www.elixic.de
>>>

>>At a download size of 273k and 3 external servers you are not helping
>>yourself get a good start.
>>
>>If you really need this overhead then more drastic measures include using an
>>httrack/rsync combination and run the pages as static html files.
>>
>>Matthew

A test with Ab on www.elixic.de gives me 1.86req/sec which doesn't sound
fast to me.
Matthew, you can use this config setting to kick out all CSS on the page
to a external temporary CSS file.

   config.inlineStyle2TempFile = 1

Doing that will save you about 14Kb of CSS per page (the external CSS
file be cached....).

Also, install eAccelerator that will help a lot to...

cheers,
Ries

--
R. van Twisk
http://www.metamorf.net

Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/