[Typo3] Speedprobs of websideloading under Typo3

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Sep 9 10:50:01 CEST 2005

Hi!

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> But I don't think we  can fairly say it's also typo3 that can be in some
> situations
> (amouth of loaded extentions, numbers of TS scripts, using user_int
> objects) be slow in generating pages...

This is correct. All USER_INTs will horribly slow down typo3. They
should be avoided whenever possible. I even had to modify typoscript of
some extensions that use USER_INT without any real need.

> I am still trying to figure out, when I don't feel like writing code
> what makes typo3 slow in some situations...

Avoid USER_INTs, try to use as less database calls as necessary, use
indexes well in mysql (especially if you have to sort or group results)...

Dmitry.