[Typo3] External URL help

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Sep 9 05:11:01 CEST 2005

Matt Mucklo wrote:
> Does anyone know how page-type External URL is supposed to work?  I've tried
> to use it unsuccessfully on three different Typo3 installations, and I've
> concluded I'm using it wrong;

If you set a page to page type "external URL" then you have 2 new fields in the
Page Header "Type" (http://, ftp://, mailto:) and the target (type the url without
http:// in).

If you then make a TMENU or GMENU this page will link to the entered URL.

enable secondary options at the bottom of the page so you can enter also a target
frame (possibly _top or _self or pherhaps even _blank) for the link.

greets,
Bernhard