[Typo3] TV! and class to render all CE

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Sep 9 00:43:45 CEST 2005

Stefan Bothner | [m]zentrale wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> iam using the TV extension. Now i have a class for parsing all
> the contentelements so that braille reader could read the pagecontent.
> braille reader need text formated to 40 or 80 characters. In a older
> project which uses the old ts-template system of T3 ist was no problem
> to parse the CE with following code.

Nice to hear that there are people who make websites for braille readers :)

Have a look at the DS Templates (the XML)
There must be something like:

<TypoScript>
10= RECORDS
10.source.current=1
10.tables = tt_content
</TypoScript>

for each field which is set to "Content Elements".

Now you could replace that by:
10= RECORDS
10.source.current=1
10.tables = tt_content
10.conf.tt_content < tt_content
10.conf.tt_content.stdWrap {
	postUserFunc = tx_mzbraille80_pi1->main
}

and of course your condition around the 10.conf subarray.

But I will fear that there are still lines longer than 80 characters because of TS generated menus.

You would have to pipe the entire page through a userFunc.

You can do that by writing an extension which hooks into the core. Have a look at the extension
stfl_replacer for an example.

And of course I would offer a "text only" (without images, or just the alt/title attributes pherhaps) version
to those clients.

I don't think it would be nice to read all this <div><table> stuff ....

If you are interested in how you can create a plain text version of your page with TV write me offlist ....

greets,
Bernhard