[Typo3] TMENU_LAYERS Alternative?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 19:48:37 CEST 2005

Hi Ries,

On 08/09/05, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> has anybody create a alternative for TMENU_LAYERS???
> My current problem is that when people navigate to deep into our site that
> the generated Menu system take to much of my total site content (Search
> Engines don't like that in general).
> If nobody did that, is there any documentation out there so I can XCLASS
> TMENU_LAYERS to my own system..

What sort of alternative do you need? For example, I've had little
difficulty building 'suckerfish' style CSS-only menus (using a .htc
file or similar with IE) as TMENUs. It seems like it shouldn't be much
of a problem to limit the menus on a current page to pages on the same
level etc...

There are also one or two GPL javascript flyout menus I've seen that
are MUCH better (with respect to code output) than *MENU_LAYERS that I
*think* could be built as TMENUs, but I haven't actually tried to find
out for sure...

-Christopher