[Typo3] addin a image to a header

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:46:36 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 08/09/05, tapio <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
> Rafa Magdalena wrote:
> > Hi list
> >
> > I am a newbie, and I am getting acquainted with typo3, but we know each other just a month, so still we are living hard times.
> >
> > I would like to define/override a header of the contents, in order to add a bullet/image like a capital letter or something like that before the content headers I wish.
> >
> > I suppose it is a stdwrap, but I am trying several combinations and I have been not able to do it.
> >
> > I use the css_style template with a self designed template.
> >
> > Does anyone have a suggestion?
>
> Why just use  CSS and background images?
> Anyway headers have been defined setup.txt of CSS Styled Content.
> take a look that file if you still want to use wraps.

Tapio, please stop giving this advice. _Yes_, the setup.txt file in
the CSC extension  _is_ where all the TS for the extension is defined,
but it's a) not a particularly convenient place to look and b) not the
'correct' place to make changes; as I've pointed out before, if you
make changes to setup.txt, your changes will be LOST if you upgrade
the extension. If, instead, you make changes to your TS templates,
they will survive upgrades.

Rafa, if you're looking to change the default 'wraps' and other
content rendering in Typo3, you'll have to become acquainted with the
"Typoscript Object Browser" [1]. Using this tool, you can see ALL of
the TS used in the site (including what's been added by your main
template and by any extensions you might have installed). It's also a
great place to see lots of examples of advanced TS.

Print out the TSref [2] so you'll have something to consult while
you're looking in the TSob, and for the definintions of headers in TS,
start with 'lib.stdHeader'...

Incidentally, Tapio's suggestion to use CSS for the images
accompanying headers is a very good one - it's much more flexible than
coding the image directly into the html. But you may still want to
remove the unnecessary divs wrapping the headers etc.

-Christopher

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Glossary#TSOB
[2] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/