[Typo3] tt_news: Selected category not showing up for normal BE-user in BE-form

Christian Stuedemann typo3 at christian-stuedemann.de
Wed Sep 7 22:34:19 CEST 2005

Dear list,

I built up a set of tt_news categories and inserted some News records to
the list. Each item was linked to a certain category. I did this as user
"admin". Afterwards I opened the News record again and everything was
all right. The selected category was showing up in the "Selected"
mulitline field.
If I do the same with a "normal" (non-admin) BE-user, I can select and
store a category, too, but it doesn't show up in the "Selected" field if
I re-open the News record later on. (If admin does it, I can see it
again.)
One more interesting detail: If I click on the "Information" icon in the
extended list view, "Category" is listed as "N/A" independent from admin
or non-admin access.

Any ideas?! I use tt_news version 2.2.23

Best regards and thank's a lot,
"stuedemann"