[Typo3] TS: Wrap each HMENU menu item differently

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:04:11 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 07/09/05, Boris Senker <typo3 at dvotocka.hr> wrote:
> I have seen this somewhere a few days ago, and now can't seem to find it.
>
> I need to wrap each menu item differently, so in final output I get
> something like

> etc.
>

> How to write the wrap for each item?

This may or may not help, but I'm not sure what you want. the subject
line says "Wrap each HMENU differently", but you say 'each item' and
you seem to mean each menu item. If you DO mean each menu item, I have
two solutions. If you don't, feel free to ignore me ;-)

Two options:

1. optionSplit [1]: Try something like:

NO.wrapItemAndSub = <div id="menu1">|</div> |*| <div

Disadvantage: this is not very dynamic :-)

2. Use some random db field:

NO.stdWrap.dataWrap = <li id="{field:subtitle}Link">|
NO.wrapItemAndSub = |</li>

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/optionSplit-1/