[Typo3] TMENU split menu-text and add class-param

Henry Wilhelm henry at hexhe.de
Wed Sep 7 13:30:57 CEST 2005

Hi,
i need to split a TMENU-item, for example if pagetitle is very long.
I don't want to explain why it is necessary for me to split long
menu-items, just believe me: it is!
Ok, splitting is no problem, the pagetitles with long text must have a
separator like "|", for example:

"Very long page title|for this page"

TS:

lib.subNavList = HMENU
lib.subNavList {
    entryLevel = 1
    1 = TMENU
    1.wrap = <dl>|</dl>
    1.NO {
        allWrap = <dt>|</dt>
        stdWrap.split {
            token = |
            cObjNum = 1
            1.current = 1
            1.wrap = |<br />
        }
    }
}

But now, i would like to add a "class"-param especially and only for
very long pagetitles with separators in it (<a href="index.php?id=200"
class="longmenu">Very long page title<br />for this page</a>), other
pagetitle should not have this "class"-param (<a
href="index.php?id=200">Short page title</a>)
How can i differentiate between menu-items with separator and those
without separator and - if necessary - add a "class"-param to the link?

Thanks for your support
Henry