[Typo3] Utility to create site structure?

Michael Baker mbaker at pobox.com
Wed Sep 7 05:16:03 CEST 2005

Patrick Gaumond wrote:

>Michael Baker wrote:
>

>>Is there a utility to create a site structure for a large site in typo3?
>>
>I never got it working in 3.6 (never tried any other version) but it
>looks like what you want to achieve:
>
>http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/cms_plaintext_import/
>
>Or could be a nice basis for future development.

Yes I think this is a good starting point.  Unfortunately it comes with
no documentation, so here are my initial notes on using it.

To use CMS Plaintext Import:

Install the extension cms_plaintext_import
 From the left hand column select Functions
On the advanced functions page select Import from the first dropdown menu
There are two formats to select from:
  Plain
  ---new_page---/---new_section---
and a Trim whitespace checkbox

I can't get Plain format to work, but ---new_page---/---new_section---
works a treat.
Here is some sample text to put in the Direct Input text box:

---new_page---
New Page 1 Title
New Page 1 Subtitle
New Page 1, section 1 content, para 1
New Page 1, section 1 content, para 2
---new_section---
New Page 1, section 2 header
New Page 1, section 2 content, para 1
New Page 1, section 2 content, para 2
---new_page---
New Page 2 Title
---new_section---
New Page 2, section 1 header
New Page 2, section 1 content, para 1
New Page 2, section 1 content, para 2
---new_section---

New Page 2, section 2 content, para 1
New Page 2, section 2 content, para 2

Then click on Send Direct Input, the screen refreshes with multiple
pages with save and abort buttons at the foot of the screen.

When no ---new_section--- is used on a ---new_page--- the text from the
third line on is taken as content of the first section which is given no
header.  Also if a ---new_section--- is used with a blank first line
then the section header is also blank. I'm sure there are other
combinations to try as well, but this should be a good start.

This imports multiple pages with content.  However it puts it all of the
pages on the same level in the page tree, or is there some undocumented
way of placing some pages under other pages in the page tree?

Michael.