[Typo3] "auto-start" typo3 in specific folder

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Sep 6 15:01:57 CEST 2005

Ingo Schommer wrote:
> most of the time, my editors edit only one sysfolder containing
> news-elements. at the moment, they have to click the "list"-module and
> search through the pagetree for the specific sysfolder.
>
> is it possible to "autostart" typo3 in a specific module and page-ID?
> it's already implemented to start in the task-center via user-prefs, so
> this shouldn't be too complicated, right?
>
> thanks!
> ingo

It would be easiest for ordinary users, if you would use normal page for
news and use frontend editing.

Then you could see edit icons for all visible news items and
if you want to create a new one, just click 'Save and New' button
(if 'tt_news' doesn't have it as default easy to setup).

Endeed I don't know, if 'tt_news' supports frontend editing for
news items - frontend editing for news items works at least in
'mininews' and in principle it is possible to add frontend editing
for any record, which can bee seen in normal web pages either using
setup of hardcoding source files.