[Typo3] replacement for metatags-extension?

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Tue Sep 6 13:09:44 CEST 2005

"Felix Natter" <felix.natter at ldc.de> skrev i en meddelelse
news:mailman.1.1126002261.10417.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Dmitry Dulepov <typo3 at fm-world.ru> writes:
>
> I'd like to define keywords on the root-page, and adapt/override them on
> subpages. Maybe it's enough to just add keywords on subpages.

Hi Felix. I do something like this on my site(s):

Put this in your CONSTANTS field of your TS template

-- cut --
# General Meta tag data - Used on every page UNLESS keyword/description
# have been specified directly on the page.
meta.description = This is the site description
meta.keywords = this,is,the,keywords
-- cut --

Put this in your SETUP field of your TS template
-- cut --
page.meta.DESCRIPTION = {$meta.description}
page.meta.DESCRIPTION.override.field = description
page.meta.KEYWORDS = {$meta.keywords}
page.meta.KEYWORDS.override.field = keywords
-- cut --

And to find the best description/keywords to use on your subpages, you can
use a tool like this one:
http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html

--
Peter Klein/Umloud Untd