[Typo3] Bug in GIFBUILDER - please confirm

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Sep 6 10:07:45 CEST 2005

Hi list.

Struggling with the blurry Truetype rendering of GIFBUILDER with nicetext
enabled I found out that there is a bug in the sharpen-parameter of
nicetext.
Sharpen can have values from 0 to 99 and one would expect 99 to produce
crisp fonts while 0 should keep the blurry look of the original nicetext.
But it's just vice versa. The best result can be acchieved with 1 and 99 is
almost washed out.

So we should either rename this parameter to "blur" or invert the result of
the function.

Could someone please confirm this behaviour so that I can put it to the bug
tracker.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau