[Typo3] using squid as a www cacheing proxy

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon Sep 5 10:32:43 CEST 2005

Jeremy Pettet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone used a TYPO3 server with a squid proxy to cache the site in
> order to speed up the site?
>
> Can you tell me the configuration?

This is in no way TYPO3 specific. See a generic documentation on how to
set up Squid as a (reverse) proxy for websites. Plus the article on
cache control headers in 3.8

> Is it possible to have TYPO3 upload the site to the proxy server as a
> static site and also allow  dynamic pages to refer to the main www
> server?

Why would one want to do this? The purpose of the proxy is that
(pseudo-)static pages are cached and everything else fetched from the
web server.
Of course, you can mirror your web server statically and redirect
dynamic stuff with mod_rewrite, but I would not expect any advantages
from this setup compared to squid or mod_proxy. Plus you have to do the
mirroring yourself for every site update...

Greetings,
Michael