[Typo3] Great way to move GMENU javascript to external files

Tracy Li angleph8 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 02:41:11 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I built our company website, www.elkera.com, using TYPO3. It has a horizontal navigating menu implemented with GMENU which generates a long list of javascripts in the <HEAD> area. Was worried that it might affect the google ranking of our site since the page content containing keywords for google search gets pushed far far behind in the rendered HTML page. Fortunately, I found this great fix, http://www.dimension-e.net/modgmenuscript.html, which worked like a charm and moved most of the GMENU javascripts to external files. Its author, Carlos Chiari, is also very responsive and helpful with the problem I had. Would like to recommend this code to those who have the similiar concern.

Best regards,
Tracy