[Typo3] Converting existing cms websites into Typo3

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sun Sep 4 19:49:12 CEST 2005

Carsten Gehling wrote:
> I've spent the entire week exploring for the first time Typo3. I find it
> very facinating and I'm seriously considering making this my CMS of choice.
>
> However, I already have a number of websites, that are implemented in my
> own-build CMS. A lot of the way, the principles behind my CMS looks like
> Typo3's.
>
> Is there any easy way to "import" these websites into Typo3? I will happily
> code an export program for my CMS, to export all data in a specific format,
> that Typo3 might understand. Is there such a format?

at least SQL-files (*.sql) and CSV.

BUT it is *very* difficult to get imported because the stucture of table
should match at least some parts.
You can try to use the same field names, which typo3 uses and set for
the name of the table, which has list of pages as 'pages'.

Then use the install tool. Typo3 adds other fields to the table with
default values.

Is it is quite difficult to use contents from other Typo3 installations
to other because extension add their own fields.
Tables have commonly different structures. Just the beginning is the same.

In order to add field from another installation fields, which are not
the same shoud remove from BOTH tables. Data will be lost.

in addition 'uid' values must be unique - same values must manually change.