[Typo3] GMENU activ if chield menu-item is activ

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Sun Sep 4 14:22:08 CEST 2005

tapio wrote:
> Sven Halle wrote:
>
>> Hi Bernhard
>>
>> my explanation was not sharp enough: The problem:
>> In my menu there is a shortcut
>

> I have found that 'ACT' and 'CUR' don't work with the document type
> 'shortcut'.
>
> Shortcut is simple a linkt to another page - in
> fact it is consistent that it can't have 'CUR' and 'ACT'
> because there is *not* an actual page, when the type is 'shorcut'
> because a shortcut just linkst to some page.

If you use realURL the link's to shortcut pages don't go to the shortcut pages
themself ... instead the target of the shortcut is already resolved when the
link gets generated and the link goes to the "real" target ...

So if you use realURL and have a structure like the following:
Page 1
|--Page 1.1
|--Page 1.2

And if "Page 1" is a shortcut to "Page 1.1" then the link of the menu entry of
"Page 1" won't link to the id of "Page 1" but to the id of "Page 1.1" directly.

So realURL could solve your problem

I don't really understand what you mean by:
"and 1.1sub´s are not in the menu"

so pherhaps you have a different kind of menu structure ... if you have 2 HMENU's
it won't work that way ....

greets,
Bernhard