[Typo3] Dropdown Menus

Peter Geldhof peter.geldhof at aventiv.com
Fri Sep 2 11:34:48 CEST 2005

Marlies C wrote:
> "Michael Baker" <mbaker at pobox.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1797.1125211212.10149.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>>Hi, I'm about to convert an existing website [1] to Typo3 and want to know
>>how to set up dropdown menus similar to the existing menus on the site
>>[1].
>>
>>Alternatively I could start from something like the typo3 demo site [2].
>>How would I set up menus like those?
>>
>>I'd be very happy if someone could just point me at the right
>>documentation.
>>
>>[1] http://www.frickers.co.uk/
>>[2] http://demo.typo3.com/
>>
>>Michael.
>

> Hi Michael,
>
> Here are the codes for the menus I use on my website:
> http://www.mcuniverse.com/05/Navigation_Codes.47.0.html
> I have moved away from using TMenu Layers as it sometimes creates problems,
> so I am using bullet list menus.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Marlies
> www.mcuniverse.com

Hi Marlies,

This seems exactly what I need too ... I'm learning Typo3 right now,
probably I'm missing a couple of things ...

I'm following your instructions but do not get it completely :

e.g. :

"2) Adjust the link to the stylesheet: "

Is this a stylesheet with the styles listed at the bottom of your page ?
   Can I paste these styles in the stylesheet being used for the
template of my site ?

3) Place this line of code inside the content section of the html
template to activate the menu:

I guess I will also need a line in my template like :

temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
     template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
     workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY
     subparts.nav < temp.mainmenu

}

Hope you can help me out a bit.  Thanks.