[Typo3] CHC Forum permission settings?

David dharnig at surf-sun.com
Thu Sep 1 22:18:00 CEST 2005

Hi Zach

Thanks for the reply. That is how I have it set up.

- I set up a FE User Group (I am using the sg_feautologinnest ext, don't know if that causes any proplems)
- Created a forumgroup for that FE User Group
- Added the forumgroup only  to the Conference's "Forum group(s) allowed READ and WRITE access" field.

So the user isn't allowed to do anything in the conference but they can see the conference listed in the Category. If I click on a Conference that the user doesn't have permissions for I enter the Conference but get the message "must login..."

But if I set that same group to the Access field in the Category manages, that Category will only show up if I log in a user of that group.

???

Thanks
- David Harnig