[Typo3] wiki.typo3.org destroyed?

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Sep 1 19:36:19 CEST 2005

Hi Dmitry,
> I generally prefer to print manuals and study them with a cup of green
> tea :) Reading from the computer monitor does not let me to concentrate.

Me too, but I think a good print-CSS could be enought many times
- but the wiki hasn´t got that, I know!  :-(

>>And it is even useful! Take a look at the Glossary, at the
>>History page, and see that over 40 people contributed! I venture
>>to say it would not have been done that quickly without the
>>wiki! Maybe not at all, if I compare with some extension
>>projects...  ;-)
>

> Do you plan to keep it as wiki or move to manuals at some point?

Kasper has yet another idea: He wants to have the documentation
*inside* Typo3 (Help -> Manual) so he has imported the Glossary
to an extension that integrates it into the manual. Hasn´t
tested it myself.

An interesting idea, but as usual not syncronised with other
documentation efforts in the community.  :-(
If wiki/SXW info could be imported/exported and downloaded
extension manuals where integrated, THEN...

>>Then we can have both freedom/new ideas and controlled documents
>>- which I would like to call "official" Typo3 documents.
>

> Also a good point. So wiki serves as a raw source for the documentation.
> The only question is how to protect wiki...

To protect the wiki is not a big issue - yet. I have done that
manually for about six months now.
I get info about changed pages via RSS and check page History if
it hasn´t been changed by a logged in user. It only takes a few
minutes every day.

/Peter Kindström