[Typo3] New site in the wings help..

Dave Chewter typo3 at interonline.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 19:05:14 CEST 2005

John Romano wrote:
> SlickPrinting wrote:
>
>  > dumping the original. My question is this, If I develop this new site
>  > the TYPO3 subfolder, can I (when ready) load the new site to my root?
>
> The only problems I can imagine would be for things like file mounts,
> also some extensions may require absolute paths that may change if you
> move the site root.  Another item, RealURL may choke due to your base
> URL changing, but I don't know that for sure...  May just require
> clearing/emptying/truncating all the RealURL tables.
> (IMHO; that really should be hooked to 'Clear FE Cache').
>
> Good luck!
> John Romano

I actually did this last night when we went live with a site. There are
a few things to bear in mind, clearing the RealURL tables (as John
mentioned above) and I cleared the cache. Apart from that it was quite
straightforward, I had to delete and recreate the symlinks so they were
pointing the corrent folder but apart from that (fingers crossed) it was ok.

Good luck