[Typo3] wiki.typo3.org destroyed?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Thu Sep 1 11:03:10 CEST 2005

Hi!

Peter Kindström wrote:
> I guess you haven´t looked at the wiki much during this year...

I generally prefer to print manuals and study them with a cup of green
tea :) Reading from the computer monitor does not let me to concentrate.

I actually looked to a few pages, mainly it was localization and
TemplaVoila-related ones.

> Because otherwise you should have noticed that the amount of
> information grows every week. Not very much, but steady!

Well, this is good news :)

> And it is even useful! Take a look at the Glossary, at the
> History page, and see that over 40 people contributed! I venture
> to say it would not have been done that quickly without the
> wiki! Maybe not at all, if I compare with some extension
> projects...  ;-)

Do you plan to keep it as wiki or move to manuals at some point?

>>I believe people should be able to _propose_ documentation but the
>>documentation team should decide whether to put it to wiki or not.
>>Otherwise it will be chaos. Typo3 knowledge is not wikipedia-style
>>knowledge, it is a product documentation.
>
> IMHO we need both. The ideal is to keep the wiki as it is but
> also have a docTeam that regulary/when needed copies information
> into new/existing SXW documents.

So, this answers my previous question :) Excellent!

> Then we can have both freedom/new ideas and controlled documents
> - which I would like to call "official" Typo3 documents.

Also a good point. So wiki serves as a raw source for the documentation.
The only question is how to protect wiki...

Dmitry.