[Typo3] translation in extension's locallang utf-8

Gür Yildirim yildirim2k at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 31 10:32:22 CET 2005

tding at 1688.com schrieb:
>>almost there, example:
>>plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.default.www= Your website:
>

>>Note the underscore (_) before _LOCAL_LANG
>

>>Also, you don't need to delete anything in the localang.php file, you
>>basicly overwrite any lanhuage settings.
>>Single TS file means, just a TypoScript file you inlude.
>

>>Here is how you can include it from you TS template found in the root of
>>your website:
>

>><INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT: source="FILE: fileadmin/<filename>">
>

>>Ries
>

> Woohoo... thanks to everyone the problem solved. !!
>
> hopefully what i did here is correct, otherwise can someone comment?
>
> Change default language of the website from english to chinese (the default language was english so no matter which chinese charset entered returned as junk characters), add language to page that contains the extension (this is to tell plugin to use CN value in extension's locallang?)
>
> config.linkVars=L
> config.sys_language_uid = 0
> config.language = cn
> config.locale_all = chinese
> page.config.language = cn
> plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.cn.username = some text in chinese
> plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.cn.password = some text in chinese
>
> best regards,
> Timding

That's right: No utf-8 for locallang files, but this is what makes me
wondering about why Timding's solution works (nvm Tim ;-) ) since for me
this didn't work:

-- On root level
..
config.language = tr
config.locale_all = tr_TR.utf-8
..
--

To keep Front End User Registration (FEUR) stop creating buggish output
(see my posting on 21.10.2005) I had to unset locale setting:

-- On FEUR's page level
config.locale_all >
--

oO, why did I have to do this?