[Typo3] Content depended on computer login

Philippe Gagnon typo3fsaa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:06:23 CEST 2005

2005/10/28, Tomas Havner <tomas.havner at kansli.lth.se>:
> Greetings,
>
> We would like to make a page in Typo3 in which the content depend upon the
> computer login of the user.
>
> Is this possible? If it is could someone give me a hint.
>
> Regards
>
> Tomas

I doubt it because TYPO3 would have to know the user on the computer
that is currently browsing the site. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems
very unlikely that it is possible, from a IP adress, to go and fetch
the current logged user (locally on the computer). Maybe it could be
possible to querry Apache to see which IP or MAC adress is connected
and do something with that? With .htaccess?  Just a tought...

Else your'e looking at FE user and Typo3-defined access. You could
also user the ldap extension if your users are connected on a domain.

Good Luck!

Philippe Gagnon
Université Laval