[Typo3] TemplaVoila and TypoScriptObjects

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 16:49:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 26/10/05, David Rosenkranz <david.rosenkranz at detewe.ch> wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Nikolas, but I am afraid this does not work yet. I now have
> the following two lines in the template TS setup to define lib.pageheadline:
>
> lib.pageheadline = TEXT
> lib.pageheadline.text.field = title
>
> The page title area remains empty when rendered. Does anyone have another
> idea?

Sorry to Nikolas, but the TS above makes no sense -- the TS object
'TEXT' does not have a property named 'text'.

In any case, I can't recall the reason (or find an explanation at the
moment), but this:

lib.pageheadline = TEXT
lib.pageheadline.field = title

...won't work -- if I remember correctly, it's because the .field
property can only look at the current record, while what you're trying
to get is the title of the page. Fortunately, you can get the page
title this way:

lib.pageheadline = TEXT
lib.pageheadline.data = page:title

For more info, have a look at the TEXT object in the TSref [1], the
stdWrap section [2] and the datatype reference [3].

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/TEXT/
[2] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/stdWrap/
[3] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/Datatype_reference/