[Typo3] database with different query possibilities in TYPO3?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Oct 26 15:51:42 CEST 2005

Hi!

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> I am about to choose a right "engine" for a new webpage.
>
> What I need on a website is a "search engine", that will allow to search
> within different fields, attributes etc.
>
> Something "similar" can be found on this page: http://jobsuche.monster.de/
>
> So basically, on this page, user searches for a job (types a keyword),
> and specifies the region/city, type of a job, if he's a student or not etc.
>

> It would be nice to have a nice interface for supplying new data of
> course (or changing the existing one).
>

> Would it be possible to do it with TYPO3?
>
> I have some experience with TYPO3, but on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say
> I'm at "3" level, so it means that writing my own plugin would be too
> hard for me.

Own plugin would be the best solution but if it is too hard you can go
with TemplaVoila (its Flexible Content Elements can serve as such data
structure) and indexed search. But only you (or other BE user) will be
able to put content into the system.

Templavoila will display records and indexed search can be use to search
for *text* on the page. Not the best solution but the most easy.

Dmitry.