[Typo3] CHC _Forum - Anonymous permissions set, still receiving error message

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Mon Oct 24 10:32:14 CEST 2005

Hi Ken,

Ken Mayfield wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I found setting the 'access' header in the categories to 'blank' allows
>them to show up to anonymous users. Now, to figure out how the login and
>the forum interact! :)
>
>Thanks and cheers,
>
>Ken

You need to set up your frontend users with a frontend user group, and
configure the Frontend User Registration extension to put all of your
new signups immediately into this fe group. Then, on the left menu,
select CHC Forum and choose Manage Forum Groups. Then create a new forum
group that contains the frontend user group as its members. Then, when
someone signs up on your site, they become a frontend user and, by
default as part of the frontend usergroup assigned to the forum group,
they become forum users.

Hope this helps!
Alex