[Typo3] Blank Spacess

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Sun Oct 23 00:39:44 CEST 2005

Hello Vincent and Bernard and all that follow this thread,

> And most people on this List arent unfriendly or harsh. Some didn't
> know that you were using static templates and where therefore
> criticising your HTML abilities - if you would have told us that you
> use statics from the beginnig everybody would just have told you that
> you have to go the MTB[1] or FTB[2] way to design your own templates.

You are right Bernard, the people are very seldom unfriendly. Most of them
are kind and really nice guys. But sometimes maybe we should consider how
we are expressing ourselves. It's easy to be regarded as a bit unfriendly
when you have short expressions.

> For beginners FTB is really easy but if it comes to multilanguages
> sites and updating the templates it get's quite complicated.

I fully agree that FTB is a good way for beginners. Either with your own
template or with one from a lot of free sites. But you need to know enough
HTML and CSS. I don't agree that updating are complicated, but you have to
remember the steps (the not logical way to update the mapping and beeing
consistent) I suppose this problem has gone in ver 1. I have updated templates
a lot of times, and never had any big problems. Have also got it to work
multilangual.

> MTB way of templating is very stable and proven to work

Sure! And not very difficult to get up and running to.

Vincent. Never test only part of a problem at any of the list. Give the whole
problem with neccessary information. Not only for the best solution for you,
but to make the tread of value for other people.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no