[Typo3] Blank Spacess

Stephen Page stephen at stephenpage.com
Sat Oct 22 19:39:25 CEST 2005

For the record.

I do find the Typo3 website a hostile and unfriendly place. It is not
the easiest place to find anything out about Typo3, ok once you know
where to look it is there but that isnt my point, the point is it
isnt EASY to find without major effort on the searchers part. That
isnt a good point in my book. And for a content management software
website that cant say anything good about the software no matter how
good the software is in reality, it is being perceived as being
difficult.

I do thank those that have offered help, I would have liked some
guidance to where the badly written demo HTML files are stored as am
sure I am competent enough to modify them to allow me to at least
continue producing what website without the bad space at the top
until I have the time to redesign it from the ground up, a version of
which I had started on anyway. Alas, no one has yet pointed out where
these files are to at least let me move on.

As for the suggestions I did get well I am looking at the documents
and yes they are of interest to me, so thank you.

Maybe I entered the mailing list at a time of stress when other
messages were of a negative tone and maybe this has influenced how I
have treated the group. If this is not the normal tone of this group,
I apologise but again it didnt seem too friendly a place. After all I
feel that there is a force acting against me and I will only push
back for as long as I feel it is worth my own personal time to do so.
It is just a shame that I feel there is a negative force being
applied against me or newbies like me. After all every 747 pilot has
to start someplace and all planes leave the ground, there is no easy
way around it.

My personal feelings are that creativity should be supported and
encouraged, I feel that certain comments aim from a number of
individuals would rather we all go away and leave it to the pro's! If
we all took that advice there would be no Van Goch's or John Lennons
in this world.

Anyway these are my FEELINGS they dont have to be right or make sense
they are just how I perceive the world.

Thank you, i will go away and try again to sort this out for myself.
I do feel that I am back where I started alebit with a few weblinks
and documents to read that MIGHT fix my problem but I am honestly not
that much further forward which is a shame. The wastebin still looms
large for Typo3, sadly.

Steve