[Typo3] Blank Space help

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Oct 22 18:11:32 CEST 2005

>>> That sentence shows, that you only know very little about
>>> communication.  To stay in my example:  If I would get an
>>> application from you and then found this sentence, you wouldn't
>>> have any chance to get the job (or the order, ...).
>>
>> So if I was the best man for the job, solving your problems in
>> the most efficient way, you would still refuse to work with me?
>
> To be more precise:  You would have to be very, very, very much
> better than the rest, to still get a chance.
>
>> From a businessman's point of view this doesn't seem to be very
>> wise. You would pay more, or would accept less quality or maybe
>> both just to get some "social competence"?
>
> Trust me, it _is_ very wise.  Having someone in my team, who can't
> work with the rest, would not at all increase efficiency.  In my
> business, where we have projects running for sometimes several
> years with big and international teams, social competence is a key
> factor to success.

Who says that this someone can't work with the rest?
Are you "the rest" or are there maybe other people who don't care about the
political correctness of their team members as long as the job is finished
on schedule?

>> BTW: Usually I don't apply for any job since there are enough
>> people on my list that want me to work for them.
>
> Sure.  They pay you to work _for_ them, not to work _with_ them.
> It's a difference.

In fact most of the bigger deals I got were about educating people, coaching
or leading teams.
In the beginning some of the trainees or teammembers had to get used to the
new "drill sergeant" but in the long run they appreciated this behaviour
since it was the most efficient way of learning things.
Some of them even passed their exam with distinction others successfully
applied for top-notch jobs afterwards.

Social competence is not the only key to success, it often needs some
hardliners to keep the rest of the team on track.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau