[Typo3] Gremlin: GIFBUILDER 256 color patch

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Oct 22 17:48:31 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I worked for the last 4 days on a patch fixing the problem that GIFBUILDER images are just 256 colors.

To allow many people to test the patch without the need to modify the Core I made an XCLASS extension which
contains exactly the code which should get used in the core patch.

If you have the 256 problem on one of your sites I kindly ask you to try out this patch and report me back
if it works as expected.

If you need some images still in 256 colors with an palette/index you can add the option:

reduceColros = 256

to your GIFBUILDER object.

Of course truecolor images only work with GDlib 2

The Extension has been tested on IM 5 and 6.

IM 4.2.9 was also tested but there were some issues with the "makeShadow" method.

You can verify if everything still works by using the tests in the install tool. Of course the generated PNGs will
be larger than normal because the install tool doesn't set the reduceColors option (image stays truecolor)

Waiting for your replies,
Bernhard