[Typo3] Blank Space help

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Oct 22 16:10:19 CEST 2005

>> Answers should be:
>>
>> polite [ ]
>> competent [ ]
>> free of charge [ ]
>>
>> choose two ...
>
> I can absolutely competently and completely free of charge tell now
> that you're full of it.
>
> If you don't think people who "can't fly" (in your terms) belong here
> why do you dedicate your so-valuable time on any answers to them at
> all? And what's the need for long rants like yours when a simple "f..
> off" sent to a hoping newbie will show him his place just as fine?

Well - if you are not able to recognise the slight difference between "f...
off" and "go learn the basics and then come back again" I am not able to
help you.
It's the same for almost everything in life: If you don't know the basics
you don't get the job. If you want to be an NFL player you have to learn how
to play football first. If you want to master a CMS you should face the fact
that this no job for beginners.
Stephen has been asking a question, and I told him what I think of his
approach, where the problems are _and_ what he should do instead to get
better results.
I even told him where to find useful informations to get started with a
better template.

Now he has got two options:
1. Drop TYPO3 because he is too lazy to learn
2. Learn the basics and be a happy TYPO3 user (or maybe developer) later on

If you take a look at the newsgroups (or maybe the mailing lists for those
who still don't want to setup a news client) you will notice that I am one
of the most active supporters for everybody regardless of their skill level.

The funny thing is, that Stephen did exactly what I told him, while two
other guys (Alex and you) who were not even adressed in my answer, are
complaining about my "language".
Now tell me who was more helpful for the community, the original poster and
TYPO3 - the guy with the "bad language" and the good advice or the other
one, who is so focused on political correctness that he doesn't find the
time to give any advice?

I hope Stephen will make his way to be a TYPO3 wizard in the near future.
And if he needs some advice, I will happily help him on this way as long as
I get the impression that he is willing to learn.

Maybe you should spend your time removing jesus pictures from the install
tool and christian sentences from the docs instead of standing up for people
who didn't ask you to ...

Have a nice day ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian