[Typo3] cwt_press_center links not working

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Oct 22 14:30:01 CEST 2005

> My problem is as follows: I want to show news on a webpage. Each news
> should be able to have one or two photos, preferably showing them in a
> preview, i. e. I want to show a list of the last 3 or 5 news items
> with shortened texts and photos. Clicking on the title should then
> show the whole text with the picture(s).

Sounds like tt_news to me ...

> I found cwt_press_center to be quite powerful and included it in my
> website. Now the main problem is that if I click on the title (or the
> 'more' link) I am redirected to a wrong subpage not showing the text
> but something completely different.
>
> In fact, the list of news items is found on the subpage with id=14,
> but each link is directed to the subpage with id=7 (which has nothing
> to do with the news at all).
>
> Now I assumed I could at least see the text if I altered the URI
> manually changing the '7' to '14' ... but even that did have no
> effect.
>
> So, how do I do this? Do I have to enter something into the TSconfig
> field? Is there some documentation on it? Sadly, I wasn't able to find
> any hint in the documentation for the cwt_press_center extension.

Sorry - can't help you there since we never used cwt_press_center

> A plus would be if I could enable users to subscribe to get the news
> mailed on release and/or have them as RSS feeds. Also, is it possible
> to show the photos with press center as I like? Is there perhaps an
> alternative extension?

Still sounds like tt_news to me, and the subscription/mailing job can be
done with the direct mail (+ direct mail subscription) plugin.
tt_news has got one of the most detailed documentations and tons of
different possibilities due to the extensive use of TypoScript and HTML
templates.
The extension is updated with bugfixes and improvements every few weeks and
offers almost any feature from your wishlist.

For the direct mail plugin you will find a tutorial by Marlies Cohen that
describes step by step how to do it.
You can create the newsletters/direct-mails as standard pages in the tree.
Content elements can be put in categories so that you need just one page to
fit the needs of different target groups so people will only get what they
subscribed for.
Its even possible to send news listings to the subscribers offering the
detailed view of the news on klick.
On top you get a statistics module that shows you how many mails have been
sent, how many users klicked on different links and everything else that
might be useful to improve the qualityof your newsletters.

Give them a try.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau