[Typo3] Blank Space help

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Oct 22 12:54:41 CEST 2005

>> Well - it may sound harsh - but if this is a template you created on
>> your own, you should seriously consider to book some courses about
>> HTML/CSS basics.
>> But maybe you are just using some of the so called "static
>> templates" from the "stone age" of TYPO3 (at this time nobody knew
>> about XHTML or accessibility and Netscape 4.x was state of the art).
>> If so, drop them and switch over to valid XHTML/CSS code by using
>> your own templates.
>>
> Is this type of language really necessary? You have a good grasp of
> TYPO3, but not everyone does, and there are much nicer ways to talk to
> people.

Answers should be:

polite [ ]
competent [ ]
free of charge [ ]

choose two ...

and BTW, this is exactly the kind of problems I mentioned in my last posting
at the "Helping new users" thread.
It's about HTML and CSS basics and _not_ about the fact that I know how to
use TYPO3 and others don't.
But this is not the place to teach people how to write valid XHTML and CSS
code.

If somebody had asked: "There is a lot of invalid HTML code in my output and
on top of my page a few clear.gif images push the content down, but I
definitely didn't write that code myself"
this would have shown, that he/she has got basic knowledge and it is a TYPO3
problem. But in this case, the poster didn't even notice that there is
"something" above his content.

Without this basic knowledge you should not consider using TYPO3 and this is
what I wrote: Learn to fly first!
IMHO it's better to tell people they are not able to fly the 747 as long as
they are still on the runway, it will reduce the risk of heavy crashes later
on.

People may not like the "language", but it will save them days of work ...

Have a nice day ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau