[Typo3] Blank Space help

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 01:38:27 CEST 2005

On 21/10/05, Stephen Page <stephen at stephenpage.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see others have had this problem as they have mentioned it in other
> forums but I am now having the problem and would really appreciate
> some help.
>
> I have a gap of around 60 pixels at the top of the main content page.
>
> It only appears on the main page not on any others and there is no
> actual content meant to be above my first bit of text on the web page.
>
> Take a look at www.promopicker.com and you will see what I mean.
>
> The gap is so bad I am having to seriously consider scrapping Typo3
> which I do not want to do as in other areas it meets my needs exactly.
>
> I have searched and searched and tried hard to learn what could be
> causing this but the answer escapes me so some help would greatly be
> appreciated to allow me to move on.

This would be a good first place to check:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.promopicker.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&ss=1&verbose=1

As is always the case when you've got html/css rendering problems, the
cms is _totally irrelevant_ until _after_ you've identified what's
wrong with the html document. First, you have to determine how the
markup (most likely) and/or css in the Typo3 site differs from the
html template you're implementing in Typo3.

Once you've figured out what's wrong with the markup, it should be
pretty easy to track down where the specific problem is with your
Typo3 setup.

-Christopher