[Typo3] toggle caching inside USER content object code

Sean Ellis sellis at telus.net
Fri Oct 21 21:04:56 CEST 2005

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Sean Ellis schrieb am 17.10.2005 19:20:

>> what should I be
>>looking at to toggle caching inside a USER or USER_INT script?

> If you want your content being cached by TYPO3 (as part of a page), you
> *have* to be an USER-object. Inside an USER object you can also tell
> TYPO3 not to cache anything on this particular call (set_no_cache).

Thanks Ernesto, if I understand correctly then this this will do what I
want. The pages that I'm concerned with are either 'static' or
'dynamic'; I just don't know which until I'm inside the plugin.

> But the problem is: Once your output is cached by TYPO3, your plugin
> won't be called again, except when the TYPO3-Page-Cache expires (after
> 0:00 on most setups, or when some other record on that page is changed,
> or when the admin clears the front-end cache).
>
> So the best solution depends on the data you are referring to. If you
> want the data to be cached, but you want/need TYPO3 always to call your
> script, you have to create an USER_INT plugin, and do the caching on
> your own! TYPO3 already provides you with a "general purpose cache",
> check out the functions t3lib_pageSelect::storeHash() and
> t3lib_pageSelect::getHash().

good to know;

cheers,

Sean

--
And Lucy, dear child, mind your arithmetic...  What would
life be without arithmetic, but a scene of horrors?